Monday 23 November 2009

Mini Haul

As I mentioned in my last post, I went home this weekend as I had a meal booked with family and my best friend to celebrate my 21st. On Friday and I headed into Lincoln to meet Ruth. As I had some time to kill, and money burning a hole in my pocket, I hit the high street for some beautiful bargains.

Here are my lovely bargains:


First stop, Primark:

As you can see, I bought everything in purple! I needed a new hair brush and didn't want black so I went for purple. Bargain at just £1! I realised when I got home that I'd bought the wrong style of tights. Fail. But I can stick them on eBay. I love these gloves though! Not sure if you can really see it here (maybe click to enlarge?) but they have little shaped cutouts on the back of the hand and you can see the pink lining. Lovely! And only £7! Bargain!

Second stop, The Body Shop:

After finally finding my Body Shop loyalty card, I figured as I was there I should claim my birthday gift. So I went and bought a shower gel. I used to LOVE their strawberry one, but this time decided to get the Wild Cherry one. £5.85 a bottle. That's for 250ml. I only got it as it was my birthday gift. But I had no change so I used my card and as the outstanding price was 85p I had to buy something else. So I (stupidly perhaps) picked up a Merry Cranberry lip balm from the box by the till. £4.85 =\ And it doesn't smell or taste like cranberries. And it's a bit bitty. Disappointed.

Next stop, Boots:
Finally got my hands on some Max Factor Miracle Touch Foundation (£11.70 gah!) And I used my Boots Advantage Card points to get my Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer. Told you I'd be stocking up again!

Final stop, Asda:

I love, love, love this shower gel!! It's a brand called N-spa. Usually I think it's on sale for something like £3 or £4 a bottle. And you get 500ml for that price. Asda had an offer on this range and it was down to £2 a bottle. As I'd not seen this version before, I decided to try it. Smells gorgeous!! I highly recommend the yellow one which is lemon scented, and this one which is Blueberry Cream Pie. Yummy! Was slightly disappointed to find that the Asda I went into didn't stock George nail polish. I was dying to get my hands on some after Charlotte's reviews. Then I found that the foundation I bought in Boots was almost £4 cheaper at £8! Gutted.

Until next time,
Dottie xx

2 comments:

  1. oh no! Grrr, I hate when the next shop you walk into has the product you want cheaper. You should return it if it's all still sealed.

    Let me know if you ever want me to pick you up any of the George polishes chick x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not, but at least I know where to go next time :)

    Aww thanks, I might have to take you up on that if I can't find them locally x

    ReplyDelete