Tuesday 24 November 2009

Review: Elegant Touch French Nails

I've had a box of Elegant Touch French Nails sitting in my drawer for ages. Saturday finally gave me the chance to use them. Not that it had anything to do with me running exceptionally late for a family meal and had failed to leave any time to do my nails...

Anyway, out came the nails. On the box it said that these were 'Get Real Truly Natural American Pink'. These were American style - Square with a cuticle moon. Ok, so what do you get in the box I hear you ask? 24 nails (strange number, I know) with glue in 10 sizes. Obviously the nails are in 10 sizes, not the glue... methinks someone needs a lesson in the English language.

The nails have applicator tabs on which are useful. I started with clean, short nails and applied the glue. It's important that you put the glue on one nail, then apply the nail, then start the process again with the next nail or the glue will dry and you want to make sure you give the nail the best chance of adhering to your natural nail. I had mine done and dusted within about 10 minutes. Give a few minutes to set and make sure you wipe off any excess glue and for heaven's sake don't superglue your fingers together lol!

When you're sure the nails have adhered and set, gently break the tab off. I did this by bending upwards, then downwards, then back up and it snapped off. Once you've done that on all the nails, use the file supplied to gently file the top of the nail where the tab was. And ta-da, you're done!

As you can see, they do look natural :) I love them and have had lots of compliments on them. They feel a lot stronger than previous ones I've used. I applied these on Saturday and I've only had one ping off but that's because I don't think it adhered completely in the first place. I always carry the nail glue around with me just in case! Previous nails I've used have lasted for around 7-14 days which is pretty good :)

I'm not sure how much they are - usually around £6-7 per box in Boots and Superdrug I think. If you have a Bodycare store near you try there first as I can usually pick up a box for around £3. I was uber lucky and found that a trader at our Students' Union was selling a box on her cosmetics stall so I got them for £2.50! I hope I've convinced you to try them :)

Until next time,
Dottie xx

3 comments:

  1. Hey hun, Iv tagged you for an award on my blog :)

    http://tanyatalksmakeup.blogspot.com/2009/11/award-i-3-your-blog.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how they are not really long! Thats usually why I dont wear fake nails (i've even tried 'short' ones) and they are just unmanageable. I might try these though =) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, me too. I think thats what makes them feel more manageable and durable :) I would definitely recommend them. I'm going to try and pick up some from our trader at the SU so could send you some if I get some :) x

    ReplyDelete