Wednesday 16 December 2009

Review: Gosh Touch Up Concealer

When I went to finish off my Christmas shopping on Monday, I went into Superdrug as I needed a couple of bits and bobs. One of these things being a new concealer. Yes, I know I bought ELF’s Studio Corrective Concealer, but I don’t like it. My L’Oreal Touche Magique ran out and I didn’t really like it all that much anyway. I couldn’t even find the L’Oreal one on the L’Oreal display, so I started to have a scout around for alternatives. I saw this on the GOSH stand, and thought why on earth not? It was only a penny more than the L’Oreal one at £7. I’ve always preferred liquid concealer to those horrible sticks anyway. Maybe this is why I dislike the ELF concealer, but who knows?

Here it is:

£7 gets you 4ml of product and it says on the bottle, “Smooths out small imperfections & brightens your eye complexion.” I have to agree with this! I think it's a better formula than the L'Oreal Touche Magique. Then again, this is a brush in a bottle, whereas with the Touche Magique, you had to twist the end of the pen to get the product into the brush. With the GOSH concealer, I dab a little amount where I need it, then use a small foundation brush to blend it into my skin.

There are a variety of shades. I opted for #7. It’s light, matches my skin tone and is not visible on my skin - trust me, I tried to take a photo of it on my skin and, well, it wouldn't show up on camera, which is obviously the point of concealer, right?!

It’s not orange unlike the lightest L’Oreal shade, so a definite winner for me. I am absolutely loving GOSH, it has to be my favourite new discovery this year!

Until next time,

Dottie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment