Wednesday 17 February 2010

Surprise, surprise!

Haha doesn't that remind you of Cilla Black?!

Erm yes. Anyway, the real reason of this post was to show you what the lovely Leanne sent me along with my Konad order. Warning: Pic heavy post!



Yes, About Face Cosmetics mineral eye shadows. This uberly excited me. I LOVE mineral eye shadows. Of course, I had to try them out and omg they're amazing! I'll post a review later on when I've used them all :D I was disappointed to find out that they're having a closing down sale on The She Space website. About Face will no longer be available. Rubbish. I guess I'll have to find another mineral brand to love. Do you have any suggestions?

Leanne sent me five fabulous colours which I love. Immensely. I think that girl knows me too well! Here come the pics!

*flash*

*no flash*

*flash*

*no flash*

*flash*

*no flash*

*flash*

*no flash*

*flash*

*no flash*

Gorgeous, no?! I've used Minimal Damage with Because I Said So for an EOTD and oh my days, it's such a great combination! Keep your beady little eyes peeled for that one :) I'm beyond chuffed with Twinkle Dazzle Delight because it looks like it's an exact dupe for a the Champagne Bella Pierre mineral shadow I've ran out of. I think I'd use Asylum and Braving Briony for a night time look if I was going out. The photos don't do either justice to be honest. They're such fab colours. Particularly Asylum, which is a black shadow with green and red glitter in. Lushness!


And some obligatory swatches. On the left is the shadow on bare skin, on the right is the shadow on top of GOSH's eye shadow base. They all look a lot better on top of a base, particularly the darker shadows.

What do you think? Do you own any About Face products?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. wow! I love the colours of all of them, suprising how much difference a base makes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asylum looks amazing! I'd love to try these, I've been drooling over about face stuff for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fudgesmoothiesmakeup - I know, it really does make a difference. I might experiment with some coloured bases and see if they make the colours 'pop' a bit, like a purple one or a black one for instance :) x

    Girl With The Golden Touch - I can't wait to try Asylum out! x

    daisychain - Gorgeous isn't it? Leanne told me they're having a huge sale over at theshespace.com if that's any help :) x

    ReplyDelete