Sunday 28 March 2010

Review: Soap & Glory Super Eyes, Super Eyes Moisturising Eye Gel

So good, they named it twice. Haha. Hello!

When I was in Lincoln a while ago, I picked up Super Eyes whilst it was still 1/3 off in Boots. A few people on Twitter had said it was good, especially for watery eyes when you're out in the bitter winter winds, as it tightens and lifts the skin around your eyes. Hurrah! So I bought it. To hear what I thought, read on :)

The product

Excuse the amount of pics, it's so pretty I couldn't stop myself lol






Cute pot!

So good, they named it twice ;)


What S&G say: On the box - Super Eyes, Super Eyes with Swiftlift™ technology for immediate skin tightening and heightening. Instant action. With fine-line-fighting tripeptide. Includes depuffing caffeine, pro-vitamin panthenol, and soothing Aloe Vera juice.

On the S&G website - Possibly the world’s most effective instant firming eye moisture gel. By deploying our exclusive SWIFTLIFT™ technology, it reduces visible wrinkles almost immediately and fights fine lines long-term too.


Want to hear something cool?
Keep it in the fridge and you’ll get some puff-reduction on top of the line lessening and the lifting (Of course it depuffs if you put it on. Staring at it in your refrigerator probably won’t do much).


What’s inside that counts?
- A Swiss Syn-Ake like venom Stimulating Age Fighting Tripeptide: to help smooth fine lines and wrinkles by
inhibiting the micro-contractions on the surface of the skin
- A Collagen-Stimulating Tripeptide: to firm and regenerate
- SWIFTLIFT™ Technology: our instant tightener
- Micronised Light-Reflecting Pigments: that instantly camouflage fine lines and wrinkles
- Caffeine: it depuffs your thighs, so why nto use it on your eyes?


What I say: I wasn't sure what to make of this at first. Super Eyes does work immediately - I felt it working pretty much instantly. It makes your skin feel warm whilst it tightens and heightens. I haven't really seen much difference with my fine lines to be honest, but maybe that's just me. I don't get puffy eyes but I have noticed that my dark circles seem to have lightened. Win! Maybe it's the soothing Aloe Vera, which makes me feel wide awake. Always a bonus!

Application

A handy lid inside the lid to stop the gel going everywhere


What S&G say: Moist your eyes. (Haha geddit?) And while you are at it, tighten them up too. Pat a layer of Super Eyes, Super Eyes around the contour of your eyes every morning and/or evening whenever you feel like you need a little lift. Suitable for all skin types - especially those in need of a lift

What I say: I pat this under my eyes and up into my outer 'v' every morning before I apply my make up. It certainly works, and I have noticed that my eyes don't water half as much in the wind now. Good times! No more smeared eyeliner for me!

Price: £8
Size: 15ml
Availability: Boots

Ratings:
Product: 8/10
Price: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 8/10
Repurchase: Probably

Have you tried Super Eyes? What did you think?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment: