Friday 4 June 2010

Review: Revlon Colorstay Foundation

Hello sugars :)

I know I'm probably the last blogger on the planet to have tried Revlon Colorstay, but you can now consider that bandwagon well and truly boarded ;P I wasn't sure whether I wanted to try this or not but I managed to bag myself a bargain on eBay. To see what I thought, keep reading :)

Product



What Revlon say: ColorStay Make up with SoftFlex provides lightweight comfort, so you feel like you're not wearing make up. Looks fresh for up to 16 hours. Specially formulated for normal or dry skin, this oil-free, moisture-balanced formula gives you flawless looking skin.

What I say: I have to say I was surprised at this foundation. I was expecting a proper full on coverage going by what other people had said, but it didn't feel like there was a full coverage. Nor did it look it. Then again, nobody wants to look like they've slapped foundation on with a trowel huh? ;P I had one really random small, dry patch on my face and I have to say this foundation didn't really mask it. Hmm. I did however have my make up on for 15 hours, and I'm not sure whether this is due to the foundation or down to the fact that I used the GOSH primer beneath it, but my foundation stayed in place for the entire duration and my skin didn't appear shiny at any point during the day. I had a perfect, matte complexion. Win!

Application


What Revlon say: Make up looks fresh and feels great for up to 16 hours thanks to the lightweight, comfortable feel from the SoftFlex ColorStay formula. Medium to full coverage with SPF 15 protection. Transfer resistant.

What I say: I applied ColorStay over a primer, and set with a powder. My make up didn't feel heavy and it did look fresh for the best part of 15 hours. I did get a bit of transfer, but nothing noticeable.

Price: £11.99
Size: 30ml
Available from: Boots, Superdrug

Ratings
Product: 8/10
Price: 8/10
Packaging: 5/10
Overall: 7/10
Repurchase: Maybe

I wasn't overly wowed by this foundation. I think there's so much hype about it but I didn't really find it to be anything special. Am I missing something? Is it the application? Karleigh explained the best way of applying it so maybe I need to try that. But until then, the hunt for my favourite foundation is still on.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. Good review =] (especially the trowel bit :P) Love the new background aswell! hxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Haha I thought it was rather witty xD xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't tried this but I think it'll be my next purchase when my foundation runs out! Fab review!

    May
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd recommend it, it's pretty fabby :) I might try PhotoReady next. Thanks hun xxx

    ReplyDelete