Tuesday 7 September 2010

Review: Inika Lipgloss in Berry Whip

Hiya :)

If it's not obvious to you by now, I love lipgloss. I've lost count of the number I own, so I was more than pleased to receive another to add to my collection from My Pure! I was even more impressed when I found out it was organic, and cruelty free :)

Product



Inika say: Inika's Certified Organic Lip Whips are perfect for creating luscious polished lips the natural way! Lip Whips have the irresistible aroma of natural honey and are 100% certified cruelty free and halal. With ingredients good enough to eat, you needn't worry about what you are ingesting, and the sweet taste reminds you of the nourishment you are providing your lips each and every time you apply. Inika Lip Whips are not suitable for vegans because they contain beeswax and honey.

I say: First off let me say how much I love the name! Lip Whip :D Brilliant. I quite liked the scent of this, gloss as it isn't overpowering like some honey scented products can be. I really liked the colour of this gloss, and the way it looked and felt on my lips - it was like a 'my lips but better' shade, and it felt really moisturising.

Application



Inika say: Each Lip Whip is rich in colour whilst also offering the ultra moisturising properties you'd expect from sumptuous organic ingredients like honey, beeswax, shea butter, rosehip, calendula and jojoba. These certified organic ingredients are included for their healing and hydrating properties, delivering a smooth whip of essential nutrients to keep your lips soft and kissable. Pure mineral pigments provide the rich colour.

I say: The colour in the tube looks gorgeous and bright, so I was worried that it'd be a bit OTT for me, but it really isn't! I'd say that when this is applied, it's more sheer as you can see in the above swatch. It feels lovely when it's on, and it's been my go to item when I've wanted something on my lips day to day. Lip Whips aren't like your average gloss as they're not in your face shiny or sticky, so this is a refreshing change.

Price: £13.99
Shades available: Cherry, Honey, Berry, Apricot
Available from: My Pure

Ratings
Product: 9/10
Price: 7/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 8/10
Purchase: I'd quite like to try the other shades, so I will when money isn't such an issue.

Have you tried Inika Lip Whips, or anything of the other make up items from Inika? Let me know :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment