Monday 1 November 2010

Review: Models Own Lipgloss in Ballet Pink

Good morning possums :D

Do you remember back to when Models Own had their epic 50% sale in August? Well, I thought it was the perfect time to stock up on a few things. Due to an order error (don't worry Models Own, I know you were uber busy! You are forgiven!) I received this lipgloss. I've recently had a sort out of my make up collection and found this so I've been road-testing it especially for you lovelies.

Product


Models Own saySuperboost your kissability! Squeezy tubes of professional formula lipgloss in pout-perfect shades.

I say: I have a love/hate relationship with lipgloss. I'm always wary of trying new ones for fear of the dreaded stickyness. And usually the same generic sweet smell. Step in Models Own Ballet Pink. Gorgeous colour, great formula, plenty of shine, no stickyness at all and to top it off, it smells like coconut! Specifically reminds me of those Liquorice Allsorts - you know the round yellow/pink ones with coconut in? Lush!

Application


Models Own say: Nothing but it's common sense isn't it?


I say: Starting off with the packaging, Models Own lipglosses have the generic hole in the tube type application format as you can see in the image above. This is quite useful as it's easy to clean. Moving on to the product, this lipgloss is smooth, uber shiny, non-sticky, easy to apply and has a pleasant fragrance. I find it lasts quite a while on the lips too. Ballet Pink is quite a sheer shade as you can see from the swatch above which is great if you're looking to use it for a neutral lip or over the top of a lipstick. Definite thumbs up from me!

Price: £5.00
Size: 15ml
Available from: Models Own and Boots

Ratings
Product: 10/10
Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Purchase: Yes

Have you tried any of the Models Own lipglosses? Do you have any other shades to recommend?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. such a pretty colour would look great everyday =) i haven't tried any models own lipglosses but think i might now!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I'd definitely recommend this one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this myself and would say your review is sooo accurate and I thought it was just me who thought it smelt of coconut!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha no it is definitely coconut! xx

    ReplyDelete