Friday 17 December 2010

Review: Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Foundation

Morning :)

A while ago I was asked on Twitter if I'd tried the new Maybelline foundation. I hadn't but then MissDollyGal said she had tried it and really liked it. So I embarked on a mission to try it.

Product


Maybelline sayOur Micro-Flex formula stretches and flexes with your skin. Stays looking flawless beyond any stretch of the imagination. It resists heat, humidity, sweat, transfer, touch, LIFE! Feels light all day. It's the do-it-all through-it-all-24-hour makeup. Oil-free, dermatologist tested, fragrance-free. Suitable for all skin types. Contains SPF19.

I say: I was intrigued to see whether the foundation lived up to the claims of flexibility and 24 hour wear. I'm happy to say that the flexibility claims are completely true and my foundation still looked pretty good at the end of the day - it hadn't slid/caked/faded like other foundation can do. I would agree with it being heat, humidity, and sweat resistant. I don't quite agree with it being transfer or touch resistant though, as I found that I still ended up a little bit shiny towards the latter end of the day (regardless of whether or not I used a primer) and if I were to touch my face, I'm left with transfer. In my opinion, this foundation is a really good buy, but it does need setting with a powder after initial application, and also requires touching up with a light dusting of powder towards the end of the evening which you might want to take into account if you're going to be going out.

Application


Maybelline say: Shake well before use. Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips.

I say: I apply this with my e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush all over my face and neck, and then blend with my fingers around my eyes. It applies really well and fairly quickly. You have to work quick though or it tends to start setting. I let it sit on my skin for a few minutes before I lightly powder to set it. I'd say the coverage was medium. It evens out my skin tone, does a good job of covering my dark circles and any blemishes, but I do need to use concealer under my eyes and on some blemishes. Overall, my skin is left looking lovely and flawless. As mentioned above, I find that I do need to touch up with powder, particularly on my T-zone, towards the  evening, but I find this with all foundations. I have found that it lasts a little better if it's set with MAC Fix+ at the end of my make up routine. I'm not 100% convinced that this foundation would last 24 hours. Maybe one day I'll try it and see ;P I think that this is perhaps my favourite foundation that I've tried this year.

Price: £8.99 (although I later found it for £7 in Asda *grumble*) Currently 3 for 2 in Boots & Superdrug
Size: 30ml
Available from: Boots, Superdrug, Asda

Ratings
Product: 8/10
Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes

Have you tried this foundation? Which foundation are you currently using?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. you guys are so lucky that you get a pump on yours, in North America ours just has a pour top (a la revlon colorstay), which totally sucks. I liked the foundation, but the lightest colour on me was way too pink and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this but I didnt like it so gave it to my mum, lucky we have the same skin tone :) At the moment I use Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect, bio detox or healthy mix depending what I feel my skin needs... I wrote about them in my blog in the post a few of my favourite things if you havn't yet tried them and wanted to have a nose :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justine - Oh no! Why do these brands do that, it's so silly. Aww that's a shame xx

    Charli - I haven't tried the Bourjois but I might have to give it a go as lots of people have said how good it is. Oo thanks, will do xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. am already on my 2nd bottle of this, i love it! have never had so many compliments about my skin since i've been using it, and i find it to be pretty water resistant. my face can be like an oil slick by the end of the day and this very slightly helps keep it a bit matte, which is more than any other foundation i've ever used has done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo that's good :) It sure does make skin look good. Good to hear :) xx

    ReplyDelete