Monday 21 March 2011

Review: Models Own Nail Art Pens

Morning all :)

Product


Models Own say: Models Own have joined forces with ultra-cool London nail salon WAH to create a brand new collection of nail art pens.Revolutionising the at home manicure, you'll be able to create personalised, unique nails without leaving your house!

I say: I was excited for the launch of these pens as I'd never had any luck with the generic eBay nail pens. After receiving the black one at the Wah Nails event back in November, I've used it quite a bit and I have to say I'm impressed! I later bought the white one and after a couple of hiccups with dodgy pens I got one that worked and I have to say overall I'm impressed.

Application


Models Own say: Each nail pen has a duo application system consisting of a thin nib for intricate art work along with a long, thin brush to add strokes and lines.

I say: As with any generic nail art pen, once the lid is removed, there is a pin in the nib to stop blockages which is fab, so at least I know if left lingering in my nail polish drawer it won't become unusable any time soon. The nib is so easy to use for nail art. A little pressure is needed on the tube to get the polish out and then the world is your oyster. The nib offers precise fine detailing and it's so easy to use!!! The top unscrews to reveal a long, thin striper brush which is great for creating different types of nail art. The polish is good quality which isn't surprising going by their main range. The only thing that bugs me is the packaging. My black pen is absolutely fine but when I ordered my white pen, once the nib was removed, the polish oozed everywhere even when I wasn't touching it and whilst stood upright. I'm guessing the tube was perhaps too full. I mentioned this to Models Own who kindly sent me a replacement, only to find that when I removed the nib, the metal was fused to the nib rendering it utterly useless. I did receive a third pen, and touch wood, it works fine! Hopefully these kinks in the packaging have been ironed out :) Overall, a great quality product.

Price: £6.00
Shades available: Black and White (currently although the range will be expanding to other shades)
Available from: Models Own and ASOS

Ratings
Product: 10/10
Price: 7/10
Packaging: 7/10
Overall: 8/10
Repurchase: Probably when the other shades are released


Have you tried the Models Own nail pens?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


* Black pen received for free from Models Own/Wah

2 comments:

  1. i have just started trying my hand at nail art after picking up a few cheap nail art pens just to practise with so i think i will be most definitely invest in some of the models own ones! they sound great! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo I look forward to seeing your results! xxx

    ReplyDelete