Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding

Good afternoon my darlings :)

I couldn't not post about this, possibly the most anticipated day of the year! I've been looking forward to this day for weeks and I wasn't disappointed! I found the build up quite emotional, please tell me this wasn't just me being soppy?

Kate on her way to Westminster Abbey

Source

Kate travelled with her father from The Goring Hotel to Westminster Abbey

Source

The Dress:
A Sarah Burton for House of McQueen creation

Source

The rumours were confirmed the moment Kate stepped out of her wedding car at Westminster Abbey that her dress was from Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen. The dress was absolutely stunning and Kate looked so, so beautiful, radiant and happy.

Source

Westminster Abbey

Source

They look so happy here. Lip-readers confirmed that William told Kate she looked beautiful!
William and Kate emerging from Westminster Abbey as man and wife

Source

The procession to Buckingham Palace

Source

The Kiss

Source

The last glimpse of the happy couple



This was a truly magical day, and I think it was lovely to see so many people come together to celebrate.

It remains for me to say, and congratulations and all the best to HRH The Duke & HRH The Duchess of Cambridge :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Oh no i cried loads haha! I was so embarassed. They are both so lovely and I really do wish them all the best, i fear i will be like one of those old ladies following them and down the country when they have to attend events haha. Kate looked stunning but I was 'proper' blubbing when William and Harry came out in their Rolls Royce, their mum would be so, so proud! :) I've spent half my life wishing i was american but after today I couldn't be more proud to be british :D

    Great Post :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it quite emotional too!Didn't plan to watch it but really glad I did :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlie - I kept welling up! It was such a lovely day. Haha me too! Genuinely so happy for them. Every time someone mentioned Diana I was like that too! Thank you lovely xxx

    Laura - It was definitely worth it wasn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete