Saturday 30 June 2012

Light up, light up

Wednesday afternoon was a bit of an exciting time in my little corner of middle England because the Olympic Torch was running through our town. 

In a rather generous move, my employer gave our entire workforce time off to go and see it! Gathered just metres from our building along the main road through town, we saw the procession of entertainment before and after the torch passed through.



The crowds in the main street


Union Jack Dude



The new torchbearer - Debbie Chessum




She was really good with the kids and had lots of photos taken


The relay handover from Suzanne Bolton to Debbie Chessum

♥ ♥ ♥

The atmosphere was amazing and it was lovely to see so many people out in force in support of the torch and the London 2012 games. Have you seen the torch in your local area?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. I missed the torch in my area, it was right back in May and 5am when it came through :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you got some great pictures! It's so nice that the torch bearer stopped for photos, I'm sure it really made those children's day :)
    I saw it in Bangor, it was such a fab atmosphere and a really hot day!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can't believe how close we were! It was a lot more interactive than I'd imagined. It was a beautiful hot day for us too xx

      Delete
  3. Great pictures! Such a good thing to have seen. I live in London so not really sure how things are working out here with the torch but I should probably look it up as it'd be great to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Ah wow! I'm sure you'll see it at some point x

      Delete