Wednesday 14 November 2012

Avon Arctic Goddess Collection

I was recently invited to the launch of Avon's Winter 2012 collection, Arctic Goddess at the very lovely Mayfair Hotel in London with the gorgeous Alesha Dixon, my favourite YouTubers Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo and the talented nail artist Marian Newman.


Sam (left) snapping Nic through the Avon Ice Sculpture!


Alesha Dixon wearing H&M and looking absolutely flipping stunning!


Products


I was lucky enough to receive a goody bag of items from the new collection including the Arctic Goddess Palette*, the three new polishes, the lipgloss and some super cute and yummy snowflake biscuits. I spent a LOT of time checking out the cosmetics counter and a lovely member of the Avon team offered to let me take home and try the new Ideal Flawless foundation as well.

Arctic Goddess Palette



I have never failed to be impressed by the Avon True Colour Shadow Quads. For the price (usually £8.50 full price) the colour payoff and quality is amazing. The Arctic Goddess quad has two light shimmery shades and two darker matte shades. The swatches above are on bare skin. Amazing huh? The shadows apply beautifully and the matte shades are not the slightest bit chalky.

Ultra Colour Rich Brilliance Lip Gloss in Pink Icicle



I have been a fan of Avon glosses since I was in my teens. I had this one gloss that I was obsessed with and repurchased countless times until it was discontinued. They are beautifully glossy, delightfully sweet scented and not in the slightest bit sticky. Pink Icicle* is no different and it'll definitely be stowed away in my handbag this season. I always love a neutral, frosted lip so this is right up my street.

Arctic Goddess Nailwear Pro+ Polishes




L-R: Chilling Teal, Arctic Waters and Green Goddess

I don't own many of the Avon polishes so to see three new shades released with the Arctic Goddess Collection were a nice way to try more. These aren't colours I'd usually go for I'm always up for trying something new and since I saw Leanne's fab Mirrorball mani, I've had a few ideas so keep your eyes peeled for some Arctic Goddess inspired nail posts! Chilling Teal* is a peppermint green with a silver shimmer running through it infused with silver and blue micro glitter. The photos above of Arctic Waters* doesn't really do the polish justice. It's a good solid opaque blue with a metallic blue/silver almost duochrome finish to it. Green Goddess* is a metallic green polish with a beautiful antique gold finish.

Ideal Flawless Foundation



The Ideal Flawless liquid foundation launched toward the beginning of 2012 and is part of the permanent Avon cosmetics range. Ideal Flawless claims to be a full-coverage foundation which creates a virtually undetectable veil of natural-looking, flawless perfection. I wouldn't say this is a full-coverage foundation, its definitely more of a medium coverage that you can build on if required. I liked the finish of the foundation, it wasn't dewy but it wasn't completely matte. It left my skin looking like skin and didn't feel heavy or cakey which is always a bonus. It contains SPF15 so it will help to protect your skin year round. For reference, the shade I have is Light Pink which I do believe was the lightest shade available.

~*~

I'll leave you with this view from the Penthouse Suite!


♥ ♥ ♥

Avon's Arctic Goddess Collection launches in November 2012 with prices starting from a very purse-friendly £6.00. Have you seen anything that takes your fancy?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. I am such a big fan of Avon, you're so lucky you went! I love their lipsticks so may try out the Arctic Goddess lipgloss!

    Charlee
    british-belle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I've been wearing it a lot lately, I love it! x

      Delete