Wednesday 28 November 2012

These are a few of my favourite things


♥ Benefit Sunbeam
I bought a recent copy of In Style magazine because this was the free gift. I like to try out Benefit samples. The brand isn't one I've tried much of so these mini sample sizes are always helpful. I've been disappointed with previous samples of Benefit products in magazines (Posietint and Benetint I'm looking at you!) but Sunbeam is a fantastic product. I was so sceptical beforehand but I'm really impressed with the gorgeous natural glow it gives to skin. In this dull weather, anything that perks my skin up is a winner in my book!

♥ Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Illusoire
I always love an opportunity to use my beloved Illusiore and I've discovered this makes a beautiful smudgy purple eye liner! To be fair it does advise of this on the box but I hadn't tried it. I love to pair this with a simple shimmery nude shadow like Urban Decay Virgin or Illamasqua Slink to give a subtle definition to the eye.

♥ Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
I thought for ages that a mascara designed specifically for your bottom lashes was a bit of a con. Turns out I was wrong! The super tiny brush coats each individual lash to add definition without clumping. I love using this when I've used Illamasqua Vow on my waterline to accentuate my lashes which look beautifully defined with no smudging, fading or transfer.

♥ 17 Blush & Glow in Peachy*
I fell in love with the original Blush & Glow a couple of years ago whilst I was at uni. There are two new shades out now and this is right up my street. It gives such a lovely warm flush to the cheeks to give you that 'just come in from the cold' look. Perfect for this time of the year!

♥ China Glaze Fairy Dust
I adore this polish for adding a bit of sparkle to any nail design. A beautiful holographic glitter topcoat that adds a bit of bling to any manicure.

♥ ♥ ♥

Which products have you been favouring on these cold, dark mornings?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Hi! How peachy is 17's blush? And how sparkly, shimmery or matte it is? Thank you!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) Its a lovely 'just come in from the cold' sort of colour - not peachy peachy like Benefit Coralista for example. Its got a teeny bit of shimmer in it but you don't really notice this on the cheeks x

      Delete