Wednesday 27 March 2013

Keeping up with Kimtopia

I'm sure you've all heard about the impending demise of Google Reader. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye. Don't you just love the Sound of Music? I just wanted to let you know the ways you can keep up to date with new content on Kimtopia :)

Bloglovin


I've had a Bloglovin account for a while and I think its one of the easiest ways to keep up with your favourite blogs. You can add your faves, be kept up to date of new posts in a feed, and there's also an option to see the top blogs and most popular posts on the site. A sure fire way to find some new reading material! Bloglovin can also send you an email when you have new posts to read so you'll never miss out on new content.

Hellocotton


Hellocotton is similar to Bloglovin in that you can follow your favourite blogs and receive new posts in a handy feed. What I love most about Hellocotton is that blogs are categorized into different sections with the most popular being shown on the homepage. I've lost many an hour finding lots of interesting new blogs here!

Feedly


If you're looking for an alternative to a Google Reader style web app, I'm recommending Feedly. It's sleek and uncluttered and you can either import your blogs from Google Reader or start from scratch. I've done the latter as I stopped using Google Reader an absolute age ago in favour of Bloglines however I've found that glitchy so I've switched to Feedly. You can download a mobile app for iPhone and Android to catch up on the go. The Android app reminds me a little of Flipboard in that you can literally just flip through posts. Fab for on the go!

Don't forget you can also catch up with me on:


You can grab fab icons like these from the wonderful Miss E's blog!

♥ ♥ ♥

If you've found any great alternatives to Google Reader, let me know :) Also don't forget to leave your links for your Bloglovin and Hellocotton accounts!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment